Making a "Little" Difference
Our mission at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota is to help youth realize their potential by providing positive growth experiences through one-to-one mentoring relationships. Our Littles come from many different backgrounds and living situations. By giving them the opportunity to make a connection with a Big, new adventures and possibilities can become a reality. The impact that a Big has on his or her Little is one that lasts for a lifetime and the impact that a Little has on a Big is equally as powerful.
- 52% of Littles are less likely to skip school
- 32% of Littles are less likely to engage in violence
- 46% of Littles are less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 65% of Littles show an improved attitude towards school
- 80% of Littles improve their grade in at lease one subject; of those, 35% improve in three or more subjects
It is our vision to see that youth mentored through BBBS lead productive, compassionate lives that positively impact our world. Children are truly the future and by adding a special connection to their lives, we are allowing them to move in the right direction. With the help of amazing volunteers and mentors, we have been making a difference in Littles lives since 1969 and will continue to do so far into the future.
To find out more about what Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota does, click HERE!
If you are interested in becoming a Big, fill out an application HERE!